Lessons To Learn From The Aftermath Of A Stolen Iphone


Image result for STOLEN PHONE MEME

Hello everybody, let me start telling you all that this post is not about how my stupidity left me without my iPhone but the aftermath because (at least for now) I am grateful for the iCloud lock and lost iPhone feature and this post is for those who may (but I wish no one ever found in this situation) found themselves in a similar situation.

My iPhone got stolen so I get home and lock it using find my iPhone and as I was expecting the iPhone wasn’t reachable but the signal for stolen iPhone was made.

I got into a business trip out of the city and a week later I receive a notification that my iPhone was founded by the found my iPhone App and showed me the location but at this point I know is near impossible to recover that Phone so I started to send request to start making noises and until the Phone was turn off… everything normal so far but HERE STARTS THE INTERESTING AFTERMATH.

The day after my iPhone was located I started to receive SMS from “apple” telling me that my iPhone was found but these SMS at first were from local numbers and then from numbers outside my country and all of them was the exact description of my iPhone (model, capacity, color) and came with a link, now I am an IT professional and I know that you never ever go to a link blindly no matter what and the link on all SMS was directed to “corp.apple.com.id” .

So I right away got doubts and didn’t click on them over a whole week I keep receiving these messages so In a protected isolated connection I copy the link to a PC and open it and it redirects to a portal exactly the same as the iCloud login portal but you only have to watch the address to see that is fake if I remember correctly “portal.recoveryicloud.com” after confirming my suspicion I started to delete the messages just as they arrived.

This week I started to read post from several websites about how the thieves are using social engendering to bypass the iCloud lock and other methods I was aware of websites offering unlocks but always thought they were a scam and these reports and my experience makes me thing is almost (right now) to bypass the iCloud lock on a stolen iPhone and then today the last attempt…

I receive a call from “Apple” from a hidden phone id, the guy tells me that my phone was recovered because somebody tried to unlock it requesting it to a carrier and because of that my phone was recovered and he needed information because is a service by Apple.

 Related image






Again I am a professional IT on security and you must, never ever give any information if you weren’t the dialer of that call, the guy wanted me to send him a copy of my purchase receipt and other documentation over email and I told him no and if my phone was truly founded and want me to retrieve it I gave him two options to send the phone to an Apple store and I deal with the personnel there or give an internal phone from Apple were I can reach him or other person and asked his name, the guy refused to everything and hang up the phone.


Use your phone and make money online...Get paid to write...

Image result for Get paid to write...+ image

Right now, because of all these attempts of social reverse engineering, I still believe that iCloud lock cannot be passed by normal means. If you ever found yourself in this kind of situation don’t fall for it even if you wish it is true and got excited to hear that your phone was recovered, life goes on and as long as you are alive, you’ll find the way to get yourself another phone and learn from your mistakes.

Read Also >>  If You Have An Iphone Delete Button, Please Note: Hackers Transferred Money via WhatsApp

What do you make of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Girlfriend Tells Someone She "Appreciates" My Little “PENIS”: Advise me!

My girlfriend came home from her office Christmas thingy and I told her what was bothering me.  She then told me Susan just said...